Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Author Reader Relationship


This is a post that I have been meaning to write for sometime. It all come around when I realised just how many author blogs, websites, newsletters and emails I have collected over the years. Nothing inspires me more to read and write that receiving an electronic newsletter from Jackie French (Phaery Named Phredde, Diary of a Wombat, A rose for the ANZAC boys) or reading about the day of Kristin Cashore (Graceling, Fire). I also feel prevailed to be able to wish Diana Wynne Jones (Enchanted Glass) a long happy life and to tell her of my love for her novels now that she has been diagnosed with cancer (see here for more details.)



I strongly believe in the author reader relationship! I think it’s important for both groups to be able to interact with each other outside the novel. So on that note I have complied a list of links to author’s blogs, websites, newsletters etc... that I follow: Enjoy!

Authors:
Jackie French's blog
Kristin Cashore's blog
Diana Wynn Jones email: meredithxyz at googlemail.com
Celine Kiernan's blog
Celine Kiernan's website
Lily Wilkinson's blog
David Randall's email: gothamfella at yahoo.com
Maria V. Snyder's blog
Maria V. Snyder's website
Tamora Pierce's blog

Publishers:
Text Publishing
Penguin Australia
Random House
Harper Collins
Black Dog Australia
Allen & Unwin
Scholastic Australia

Don’t forget to add your favorite author links in the comments to share with other readers.

1 comment:

  1. oh, I love jackie french and Lili Wilkinson :)

    I also follow jaclyn moriarty's blog and when she posts it's so lovely, but she doesnt often update.

    plus i love penguins YA blog, between the lines

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails