Monday, March 14, 2011

In My Mailbox #7

This is a weekly IMM run by The Story Siren. Book bloggers all over the world share their new acquisitions. For more information go here.

This is my very first vblog and I had lots of fun and lots of trouble making it. I didn't want to talk so I tried adding explanations in afterwards but could only add a few. For that reason I've added a written commentary below. Hopefully I'll work out what I did wrong and everything will flow more smoothly next time.

Hope you enjoy! :)


1. Culpeper's Complete Herbal was written during the rein of Elizabeth I and while it contains recipes I would strongly advice not to try any, especially as they used to put white lead on their faces. They're really funny to read though.

2. The Readers Digest Complete Book of Herb is a modern day take and all the recipes are safe. It looks very good and I intend to try some out next time I have a headache.

3. The giant "Cities of the Renaissance World' was first published in 1572. The book is mainly a set of beautiful images mapping different cities across Europe including London, Rome, Lisbon, Constantinople, and York.

4. Nightshade was really good. I'll have to put up a review soon. I really want the next book to come out now. I can't believe they changed the covers. I love them like they are now! PLEASE DON'T CHANGE THEM!

5. I can't believe it took me so long to buy a copy of The Dark Divine by Bree Despain and Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld. I really wanted the next two books in the series but they were both hard covers and I want them to match. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

Thanks for watching. WHAT'S IN YOUR MAILBOX?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails