Sunday, October 3, 2010

ROBIN MCKINLEY; My Favourite New Quote

I always loved Robin Hood. I've read the books, I've watched all the movies, and I've done the research. That's why this quote really spoke to me.


Robin Hood is also a dream of being the kind of grown up you're already pretty sure at heart you're not going to be, partly because there aren't any forests left that are suitable for it, but partly because you're uneasily aware of being successfully indoctrinated into the system. After all, there was a lot less to keep Robin Hood at home. No TV. No computer games. No pizza delivery. Maybe you can live without the joys of pulling the sheriff of Nottingham's nose after all. But it's a lovely fantasy, and I wouldn't have wanted to miss it.
Robin McKinley on The Outlaws of Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails