Thursday, June 24, 2010

Chat Time #2


Despite the fact that I'm on holidays, I seem to be doing more work now than when I was at uni. Today I read part of G. Turner's novel Film As Social Practice and thought I would share a quote with you.

This passage comes from Chapter 4 and while its focus is film I believe it relates directly to fiction novels, and life in general, as well.

"Story-telling is part of our cultural experience... Our world is represent into us through stories.... Story provides us with an easy, unconscious, and involving way of constructing our world; narrative can be described as means of 'making sense' of our social world, and sharing that 'sense' with others. Its universality underlines its intrinsic place in human communication."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails