Thursday, November 24, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day 24

It's day 24 and I haven't written a word for the last three days. I am so stuck! I've killed off my main character! And my novel is in first person! That was probably not the best move, now I come to think about the consequences. With no main character I have no narrator, and with narrator I have no novel. :(

I didn't mean to kill Cailean, it just happened. She was poisoned by a slow acting drug which I was planning to find a cure for, but she died before I could finish my quest.

Pathetic! I know.

I'm beginning to wonder if finishing my NaNoWriMo this year is worth the worry and effort. I just don't think my novel is good enough.

1 comment:

  1. KEEP WRITING!!!!!! Seriously, no first draft is ever perfect. Every writer has written a horrible first draft. The most important thing is finishing it, and having words on paper that you can work with. You can make it better when you revise it.

    Killing your narrator is definitely a problem, but I really do encourage you to work around it. You could always bring your character back to life for the first draft and then figure out the cure for the drug during the revision process. At any rate, all these things can be fixed through the revision process, no matter how you fix it.

    Good luck with your novel!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails